Family Law Overview
ATLANTA FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS
The sophisticated family law practice at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. encompasses the following areas:
- High net worth divorce — Individuals with significant assets, inheritances, trust funds, and/or business interests understand the financial stakes involved in ending a marriage. They retain the legal team at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. because of the attorneys' skills in litigation, negotiation and navigating through the complexities of high net worth divorce litigation.
- Child custody and visitation — In complex custody matters, clients need an attorney to do more than develop standard custody and visitation schedules. They need sophisticated and aggressive advocacy from attorneys with a network of outside professionals, including psychologists, psychiatrists and Guardian Ad Litems. The attorneys at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. successfully represent clients with basic custody and visitation issues, but also successfully represent clients with complex custody matters.
- Property division — Division of significant assets often involves real estate located throughout the country, if not the world, retirement accounts and benefits, pensions, stock and stock options or units, and interests in business entities. The attorneys at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. have unique knowledge and expertise in representing clients and addressing the division of significant assets.
- Child support — In representing either parent, the attorneys at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. are accomplished in navigating through and establishing strategies for the Georgia Child Support Guidelines and Worksheets. Challenges for our clients exist with the Georgia Child Support Guidelines, in that the calculation tables do not account for those that earn more than $30,000.00 gross per month in combined income. These types of cases require a higher level of legal analysis and strategy.
- Alimony — In representing either spouse, spousal support matters mandate aggressive legal representation from attorneys focused on the needs of their clientele and the lifestyles they enjoy, and the attorneys at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. are successful in representing either spouse in pursuit of or in the defense of alimony claims.
- Separate maintenance — Separate maintenance actions serve as an alternative to divorce, and attempt to maintain the financial status quo for a separated couple contemplating divorce. The attorneys at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. successfully navigate clients through separate maintenance actions, while understanding and respecting the sensitive issues involved in deciding whether to divorce.
In addition to the practice areas listed above, the firm's lawyers also prepare and represent clients in prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, provide representation at paternity hearings, and provide representation in adoption cases, including stepparent adoption.
Contact a family law attorney at Stern Edlin Graham Family Law, P.C. via e-mail or telephone at 404-256-0010.